I woke up to snow on the ground Saturday morning. It only snowed about a centimeter, but it was snow nonetheless and the forecast indicated to expect more later in the week. Sunday night as I was chatting on the phone with my mom a few girls came in with shouts and screams of excitement “it’s snowing!” Oh, what glorious words in my ears. I ran and peeked outside and found lovely little white snowflakes falling from the sky. The snow fell consistently for several hours and by the end of the night we had three inches of snow! There is just something very magical and beautiful about snow, especially in England. I feel as though everything is ten times more charming here. Anyway, yesterday I went trudging through the snow listening to Christmas music and taking pictures of the winter wonderland before all the magic melted away. Goodness, I felt like I was living in a Christmas card, or a photograph. I live in such a beautiful place.
On Friday some friends and I went to see Harry Potter 7 part 1 in Lancaster. I'm not a die hard HP fan, but I can certainly still appreciate it. I have to say, it was a cool experience to be in England watching Harry Potter, almost surreal, but not quite. The third Chronicles of Narnia comes out December 9th, and that will be my next visit to the movie theatre. I am so looking forward to it.
I cannot believe that in sixteen days, I will be on a plane flying home. I am already planning a Christmas party, thinking of goodies to bake and presents to give... but most of all, I am just excited to be going home and seeing the people I love. There is truly no place like home for the holidays. But, until then there are more glorious English days to enjoy.
cheers!
Shea! I love you. I love singing Christmas songs with you, and being your bed buddy, and trading music, and doing secret missions, and singing the wrong words to songs, and a whole bunch of others things I can't think of right now.
ReplyDeleteYou are fabulous and I'm glad I'm sitting on this bed with you right now.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog. I always sneak a peak at my followers blog. I have spent many happy times at Capenwray and my Mum went to Bible college there many years ago. I hope you are enjoying your time there. I know that Angie has retired but if you should meet her please say hello from Natasha (she will know me as Natasha Snape)
xx